Now widely regarded as the industry standard in guitar pedal compression, the Ego Compressor brings a new level of of control to what is expected and needed by today's guitar players.
A compressor adds an element of control to your playing level – it will bring the quieter parts up and the louder parts down. While an ordinary compressor pedal can give you an element of control, a great compressor will give you the “feel” that other average compressors lack. If you’ve played a great tube amp when it’s being pushed hard, you’ll know what a great natural compression feels like.
When we designed this pedal, the focus was ensuring the playing dynamics could be retained and that the compressor didn’t color the tone at all. By incorporating a clean blend, it allows your original signal to be blended back in so you can get all the benefits of a great compressor (picking up the notes that aren’t as strong and increasing sustain) but have the option to remove the squash at the front. With this control, you can have full country squash or open studio level parallel compression.
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Five controls - volume, sustain, attack, tone and blend
- Blend control allows you to get sustain only - no noticeable effect on the attack of the note (great for playing with distortion)
- Tone control adds in high frequencies giving you plenty of clarity and 'jangle'