The Faux Tape Echo delay has become a staple in Nashville and beyond, from masterful session guitarists to studio "house sound" collections and of course seen on stages worldwide! Based around very carefully selected and very rigorously tested PT2399 delay chips, the Faux Analog Echo and Faux Tape Echo circuits combine the note clarity of a sophisticated digital delay with an all-analog dry path (unaffected signal) and magnificent all-analog tone-shaping and modulation circuitry.
What does that actually mean for musicians? The answer: everything. With Wampler's hybrid design approach, you get the best of both worlds. You get note clarity, lower noise, and longer delay times from digital delays. You get the lovely warmth and little, exquisite touches that are usually reserved for analog delays. Nearly every part of the pedal and all of its major functions are analog. The "delay line" is the only digital part of the signal path. It alone being digital brings clarity and focus to the task in a way that analog delay line chips can't really match.
But everything else, all the absolutely vital filtering to carefully finish the sound is pure analog. Every aspect of the modulation that gives the Faux Tape Echo pedal a unique function and tone and makes it desirable for people who want their delay tone to sound as good as tape delay units but without all the maintenance, supplies, and hassle? Totally analog. Your all-important fundamental dry tone is 100% analog, too.
From country slap-back to ambient washes to straight-ahead rock and metal delay, the hybrid approach makes one pedal that can do it all.
This version of the Faux Tape Echo takes everything great about the original, and adds to it that much-requested tap tempo functionality that users have asking for, as well as a new idea in emulating the elusive and beautiful character that people look for in classic tape echo units. The time has come to unveil the Faux Tape Echo that everyone has been waiting for.
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9V power jack (barrel plug like Boss) Please note: Battery not provided. Mains power recommended.
- Six controls - echo level, repeats, shade, "movement and sway" and delay time
- Does not just add a chorus effect to simulate tape wobble, this reacts to your playing perfectly
- Does not mess with your basic guitar tone like so many other delay pedals
- Analog warmth/tape echo tones
- About 800ms of delay time available (signal deterioration is apparent after about 600m/s)